Amazing Krishna Temple of Sri Venugopala Swamy at Kottaimalai (Padavedu) near
• Not possible to miss the temple once seen in photos - such a lovely location
• Ancient Sambuvarayar period stone temple with a beautiful stone dwajasthambam
• Opens only on Saturdays from to and is located on top of the
• The only route available is a ghat road running through a thick and beautiful forest. A breath taking journey to this temple can be performed partly by a specially made tractor which takes people to the foot of the temple from where there are about 350 steps to climb. En route one has to pass through a few iron bridges constructed around the hill which are engineering marvels.
• Due to the 2500 feet height factor and the many mountains around, a very strong and cool breeze blows out at the mountain top and one has to stand very carefully with a firm grip on the ground.
• The main deity is the beautiful Lord Venugopala Swamy standing in a very stylish posture playing flute along with his consorts Rukmini and Satyabhama.
• A temple not to be missed since this has something for all types/ ages of people – as a spiritual place and as a pleasure spot - so near Chennai.
Chennai (Adayar) to Vellore Highways junction - 142 km
Vellore Highways junction to Santhavasal - 37 km
Santhavasal to Padavedu Renugambal Temple - 6 km
From other places:
Thiruvannamalai to Padavedu - 55 km
Aarani to Padavedu - 23 km
You can see more info frm this blog